Friday, December 19, 2014

12 Bible Verses to Meditate on This Christmas

   This Christmas I wanted to reflect on the reason God delivered His Son Jesus. We as Christians know the birth of Christ was God’s New Covenant with man. Once the Messiah entered the world in the flesh the following the Lord changed. The Holy Spirit is now the way Christ accepts us in the kingdom of God.

   Here are 12 Bible verses that keep me grounded in God’s word. I am grateful to have been saved and learning to improve on building Christ-like characteristics.

I. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the
   the house of bondage. (Exodus 20:2)

II. You shall have no other gods before Me. (Exodus 20:3)

III. “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.” (John 8:31)

IV. “And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son
       and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at
       the last day.” (John 6:40) 

V.  “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall
     be filled.” (Matthew 5:6)

VI. “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor
       the Son, but only the Father.” ( Mark 13:32)

VII. But He Said “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and
      keep it.” (Luke 11:28)

VIII. “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me , to give to
         every one according to his works.” Revelation (22:12)



IX. As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord,
     so walk with Him. (Colossians 2:6)

X. “Trust the Lord with all your heart,
       And lean not on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)

XI. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and
       the Last.” (Revelation 22:13)

XII. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves;
       It is the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8)



  Question: What are the Bible verses that keep you centered in Christ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment